Monday, October 7, 2013

Make It Crafty DT Inspiration

Hello friends.  Today I am sharing a wonderful image from Make It Crafty for the new Colouring Challenge for October.  Here are the details.

Each month we’ll challenge you to TWO challenges. An easy challenge to whet your appetite and then a hard challenge to get you to explore new ideas and grow more confident.
Want Feedback??
We’re also here to encourage you along the way so if you would like to receive feedback on your project and advice on how you can improve – pop over to the Make it Crafty private FB group and post your project there where we can actively interact with you. Just make sure to let us know ‘what’ you would like advice on or you may not receive the help you are after. :)
I love  how encouraging and supportive they are at Make It Crafty.  I posted my image when I thought it was finished.  I asked for advice on how to make the image more 3D.  Here are my before advice and after advice images.  I received some wonderful advice from the very talented Barbara from ForgottenScraps."Forgotten Scraps I love the definition and I can see the details in the cheek bones, nose an mouth area are nicely placed! I would add a little bit of shadow just under the nose area so the nostrils aren't by themselves.  Then keep practicing this until your comfortable to go darker! You can also experiment with a little more blush color in the shaded area around the cheeks just to add a little color, maybe R11 to start with. But seriously, this is fab - you should pat yourself on the back!"   
Now how is that for feedback?  If you want to improve your coloring skills 
Make it Crafty private FB group is the place to go.










My card is for the hard challenge, which was to include a reflection in the eyes.  I hope you will play along.  All skill levels are welcome.  Make it Crafty images should be used if posting to the private group.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope I have inspired you to try something new.
Hugs and smiles,
Janice

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This just blows me away! Looks like a painting! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! What a fabulous coloring!
    Hugs,
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is just GORGEOUS Janice, BEAUTIFUL job with your coloring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Janice, you've made a great job with this one! Love the bling too ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Colouring par excellence my friend! Love Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice ~ OH MY WORD!! Your are seriously AMAZING!! Those eyes are incredible!!! Beautiful job as always!

    ReplyDelete

comments

>