Friday, October 11, 2013

Keep Calm and Doodle On

Hello friends.  Today I wanted to share a technique called Zentangle.  You have probably seen this technique before but if not here it is.  It is called Zentangle, but to me it is doodling.  If you can doodle, you can Zentangle.  It is usually done on white cardstock with black ink.  I used a 0.1 fine tip copic multi-liner to draw with.  I used the apple stamp from the October Stamp of the Month kit.

It is fun to used small stamped images if you feel free-hand would be too intimidating to start.  Here are some that I have done, and some that were not used.



For my first card, I stamped three apples and only Zentangled one apple.  I wanted that to be the focal point of the image.  I then added some color with my copics.


For the Harvest greetings card, I punched 3 one and one quarter inch squares from white cardstock, stamped a single apple onto each square, and doodled different designs on each.  I mounted each square onto one and one half inch black cardstock.  I finished my design onto a white card base.


For this card I stamped another grouping of apples and zentangled all 3.  Then I stamped 3 more and only zentangled one of them and fussy cut all 3 out.  I stamped the word apples across a white strip of cardstock and used in place of ribbon.



My final card was made with the circle frame stamp.  I just stamped a fun design and added Zentangle in just a few spots.  I couldn't resist the cute little faces so I added them randomly into the stamped circles.  This card just makes me smile.

As you can see the art of Zentangle lends itself to clean and simple.  I hope I have inspired you to try something new.

Keep calm and Doodle on.

Hugs and smiles,
Janice

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! So insanely cool!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice ~ Okay NEVER heard of this but O to the M to the G!!! Seriously you are too talented for words! I want to be your neighbor so I can never leave your house! So much to learn and admire over here! Have a GREAT weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments

>