Thursday, March 29, 2018

Little Miss Muffet Stamps

Hello friends!  Today I am sharing a new image Polka Dot Pals Mieme.  I love the Polka Dot Pals because I like to practice making faces and Barbara the owner of Little Miss Muffet Stamps totally encourages people to give it a try.  If you are not brave enough to try it out with your own drawing she does have a Polka Dot Pals Add-on Faces set that you could use instead.  Here is my card.



Polka Dot Pals Mieme, not perfect but that's ok.  So Barbara and I were talking about how difficult it is to critique other peoples work, for fear of hurting feelings.  Barbara coined this acronym, CCAOK, Constructive Criticism is A-OK.  I appreciate constructive criticism, because it helps me grow.  Here is some CCAOK from Barbara about my image.

Barbara Sproatmeyer I love how you're working on the faces and this one really draws my attention. Love it! Are you ready for a little CCOAK? For the bottom line of the eye, I would try using the same color as the skin tone for 3/4 of it. I'm assuming you weren't going for the mascara look. The lighter color will still give you a guide to color with but it won't stand out as much. Here's a picture ...
Manage


Like
Reply4d
Janice Wilson Isn't that CCAOK??
Manage


Reply4d
Barbara Sproatmeyer Yes.... but only if it was received well.

Image may contain: 1 person

Here is a picture of her with the eyes touched up.  I think she looks much better.  Thank you Barbara.  I will try out your suggestion the next time I color a face. ;)

I hope you feel inspired to take your creativity to another level.  Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs and smiles,

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments

>