Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Peachy Keen Challenge 65

Hello friends!  Time for another Tuesday sketch challenge with a twist.
THE CHALLENGE
Create a card with the sketch & TWIST provided. Peachy Keen Stamps are not required to participate, but we always love to see what you create with them if you have them already!

TWIST: Paper Piece your stamped image to give it a bit of dimension and flair!
Guidelines:
Design must be new
Link up by 11/28 - 11:59 pm CDT

I always try to think outside the box when I look at a sketch.  When I saw the stripes on the sketch I thought of candy cane stripes.  So from there I think, what stamps do I have that would work well with candy canes?  Of course PK-412 Too Sweet to Eat is perfect.  So I am thinking I will use some red and white strips of Christmas patterned paper for the background.  While browsing AC Moore, I saw some painted ivy bowls.  So I thought, wouldn't it be cute to paint the vase with red and white stripes and fill it with candy canes.  So that is what I did.  A fun holiday decoration and the jar was only 59 cents.  The vase is the circle with the painted stripes for the background.  The tag with the stamped ginger is the focal point..  I stamped the peppermint candies and colored them with copics.  I used a circle punch to punch the candies.  The clothes for the ginger boy were paper pieced.  I hope you will be inspired to think outside the box.  Please check out what the other designers have made here.  I look forward to seeing how you interpret the PKS sketch.  Have fun!



5 comments:

  1. Janice, you are just as clever as they come with this amazing creation! I love your creative thinking, and the bright and festive colors, just perfect for the holidays!! Very, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love how this turned out and such a beautiful decoration to enjoy for years to come! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice this is adorable! Great way to interpret the sketch and your paper piecing is awesome. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno how you do it my friend, but I'm sure glad you do! This SO outside the box, it's on a different planet from us mere mortals. WHAT a brilliant idea and I'm SO jealous that I can't think so creatively.
    LOVE YA! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative is this? I love your train of thought ;o)
    You're so imaginative - superb!

    ReplyDelete

comments

>