Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Peachy Keen Challenge 42


Good morning! Time for another Peachy Keen Challenge. This weeks challenge is to use embossing somewhere on your project. You may choose to do heat embossing, a cuttlebug folder, or hand embossing, whichever you prefer. I used heat and cuttlebug embossing. I stamped the image on patterned paper and solid cardstock and heat embossed the images with super fine gold embossing powder. I then cut out various parts from each image to put my angel together. I used a glossy ivory patterned cardstock for the cuttlebugged background, assembled the card, and added ribbon for the finishing touch. The card looks much better in real life. I hope you will find some time to play along. You will want to see what the rest of the team has cooked up for this challenge. Lots of Peachy Keen cuteness going on, of course! It would be difficult to be anything but cute with all the adorable stamps they have. Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janice!
    Your card is beautiful! I love the colors you chose, and your paper piecing is perfect. I looked at this forever, and couldn't figure out how you did it, THEN read your instructions! You're brilliant! That's all there is to it!!!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Janice, you've paper pieced this to perfection!! I love the gold embossing powder, and that folder is just gorgeous - which one is it? This is such a sophisticated card and would be perfect for anyone as a holiday greeting. GORGEOUS! Hugs & love, Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly this is beyond GORGEOUS!!! I just LOVE it!!!

    ♥ Nikki ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love the colors :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI JANICE!! Sorry.. it's been so long since I got around the "block" to leave comments.. YOUR card is fantastic! It took me a bit.. I wondered how on earth you colored the parts of the image.. that I finally realized were paper pieced! GREAT JOB!! Love it and love you! BIG HUGS, Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your angel is fabulous Janice! VERY clever paper piecing going on here!
    LOVE that embossed background too!
    Big hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete

comments

>