Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello Everyone! Happy Thursday!

I am thrilled to announce that I have been asked to join The Scrapping Cottage design team. I am looking forward to getting to know the other designers and to share my designs with you. I hope that we can be an inspiration to each other and learn things along the way. Most of all, let's have FUN!! I primarily make cards, but on occasion I like to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. For today's card, I used CottageCutz Shih Tzu Peeker and CottageCutz Daisy Seeds. I had a lot of fun making this card. I love the Shih Tzu die. It is so cute! I used a couple shades of brown cardstock to assemble the puppy. I didn't have a picket fence die or a grass die so I just cut them myself. The picket fence was very easy. I cut strips of white cardstock, 1/2 inch wide. 2 of the strips were 5 1/2 inches long. The pickets are about 2 inches tall. I cut one of the points on a picket to use as a template to cut the rest of them. I cut the strip of grass, free hand. I inked the edges and the centers of the daisies with Dandelion Memento ink. I free hand cut the bone sign as well, because I don't have a bone die, yet. I used a twist tie that I stripped the paper off of, coiled each end, and used it to hang the sign.





Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have any questions just leave a comment and I will do my best to answer. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. That is the cutest darn thing I have seen!!

    I love love love it Janice!!

    Thanks for sharing and Congratulations!
    ~KristinaH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on joining the DT! Love your creation. That dog is adorable! You create the cutest scenes on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is adorable I love the doggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I just love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a question Janice....
    'How on earth did I miss this little charmer'! I LOVE your pooch and the picket fence! Brilliant card my friend, just brilliant! Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete

comments

>