Thursday, September 22, 2016

MFT Card Design Superstar Contest 2nd Entry

Well time is almost up for entering the MFT Card Design Superstar Contest.  I was hoping to get 3 done but I spent so much time trying to get some decent pictures.  A photographer I am NOT!  I created the template for this card many years ago and posted a very amateur tutorial if you would like to see it here.  That was from 2009.  The idea was born even earlier because when I first created it I used a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock.  You can see the card I made back in 2008 here.  Through the years I have tweaked the design and I now use an 8x11 piece of paper.  Enough of my rambling, here is my card.

I used BB Hog Heaven to create this birthday stand.  The patterned paper is MFT Birthday Blowout Paper Pack.

Here is a close up of the flooring I created with the Fishnet Cover up die.

I ran it through the bigshot but let the pieces remain.  I think it makes the perfect tile floor.

Here are some more photos to show the details.  I used the no-line coloring technique by stamping the pigs with Memento Angel Pink and then colored with colored pencils.  Their party hats were made with this die.

I used my score-pal to make the shutters and siding, however I realized as I was writing this post, my siding is Wainscoting, as it is vertical. haha  

The card folds flat to fit in an envelope for mailing.  You just have to remove the brads from the awning.


Here are a few more pictures to show the detail.


I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the cupcakes.   The 3 on the counter are adhered to a thin clear strip of plastic.  The doily for those 3 cupcakes was made with this die.
Finally the countertop edge was made with this die.

I hope you enjoyed my card.  I had so much fun making it!

Hugs and smiles,
Janice

3 comments:

  1. Another cute winning entry from you Janice. All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is so cute and adorable. Good luck with the contest.

    ReplyDelete

comments

>