Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Good Morning Peachy Keen Fans! Challenge 32


Hello Everyone! Time for another Peachy Keen Challenge! Here are the requirements for Challenge 32.

Summer Destinations Challenge

"Create a card drawing inspiration from your favorite vacation destination!
Also must use one of the three "B"s: Buttons, Brads or Bling".


One random winner will receive:

PK-790 Boogie Board Max

Memento Ink Pad in Tuxedo Black

Coordinating acrylic block

My card was inspired by It's A Small World, Disneyland. When my 2 oldest boys were little, we lived in Pasadena, CA. When they were about 2 and 4 yrs old, we took them to Disneyland. We had so much fun and didn't want to leave the park. At nightfall it became chilly, and I hadn't planned on being there so long. I had to purchase sweatshirts so we could stay longer. We stayed another few hours. Oh what fun we had!!

I made the people riding in the balloon with a green sizzix die. I think it is itty, bitty doll body. I used Peachy Keen faces to bring them to life. The overalls and the dress were cut with a green sizzix die. Some of the clothes were hand drawn and cut. The children represent the many different cultures around the world.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate your visits and would love to see you join in on the challenge!

I also wanted to apologize for not visiting your blogs as much as I would like. Summer seems to be a bit busy. I hope to visit your blogs and leave some love, real soon.

9 comments:

  1. Disneyland is my FAVORITE summertime destination and it's a small world is my 1 1/2 year olds favorite ride right now. This is SO super cute! It is perfect and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, this is wonderful! You've captured brilliantly your vacation inspiration, and I just love it!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, I too, L-O-V-E Disneyland (and Disney World) and your card fits the theme of "It's a Small World" perfectly. They just re-did the Small World ride in Florida (not sure about in CA) - their little faces got even cuter, if that is possible! You did a great job on this challenge, and think by using different faces, you definitely get the feeling they're from all different parts of the world. Love it!! Hugs, Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Janice!! What a LOT of work!! Very impressive! And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog last week! You're sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♫It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small small world♫

    YOUR CARD ROCKS!!! I too LOVE that ride! Love your array of kids! CUTE

    Hugs!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. How flipping adorable, Janice!!! You always go all out!! Great kids in the hot air balloon!! I absolutely love this and that ride at Disney was cool the first ten times ... Long story !! Your inspiration is divine and very well laid out!! Thanks so much for allnof your awesome work!! Love and hugs to you my sweet lady!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this card. It's a Small world is one of my favorites too. Just al Walt Disney World!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice, this is so cute!!! I loved it's a small world, thanks for the memories, also thanks for the nice comment on my blog.. I remember
    Bay Beach well, 10cent tickets, the train ride, lots of fun as a kid. another great memory! I grew up in GB until about 13 when my dad was transferred.
    have a wonderful day,
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely amazing! i love the hot air balloon and how you made all the characters. I love the expressions and different outfits yo put on the kids! Great card!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

comments

>