Monday, August 31, 2009

Get Sketchy #3

Good morning! I found a new challenge blog called Get Sketchy, so I decided to play along. Here is the sketch,

and this is my take on the challenge. The image is from Whipper Snapper, colored with copics. I used yellow/orange cardstock to make the petals of the sunflower, distressed the edges, and curled the petals slightly. I used some fabric scraps for the background and the center ribbon. I cut the leaves in gingham and solid green. I cut the gingham leaves in half, vertically and adhered it to the solid green leaf for contrast. I distressed the edges. The finished card size is 6x6. As always, thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Dang girl.. that is one fabulous fall card.
    Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Janice. I will have to check out the challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your card - it is bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Janice! Sunflowers are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found us! Thanks for playing it is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got 2 words for you...crazy goodness!!!! I absolutely adore your card...it is soooooo creative...the colors are luscious, bright and fun! Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this card Janice. Lovely bright happy colours.
    Regards
    Michelle M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on the sketch!
    yhnx for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow janice... another beauty! That image is sute and I'm loving the vibrant colors. Is that fabric or have you made magic with green paper? darling card!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

comments

>